Cadaster Institute was established in order to perform works and provide services of research in the field of environmental protection, aimed at transition of Russia and federal subjects to innovative sustainable development. In order to reach these objectives the institute carries out the following types of projects:
- Scientific research and experimental projects, including those in the field of sustainable development of territories, environmental and health risks, ecosystem services, as well as environmental and resource statistics;
- Study, analysis and assessment of negative environmental impact of economic and other activities;
- Expert-analytical works, scientific-methodological consulting on sustainable development, sustainable natural resource use and environment protection;
- Support for innovative activities in the field of sustainable resource use and environment protection;
- Environmental audit, development of indicators of sustainability of work of enterprises and institutions.