Scientific-methodological substantiation of strategic and planning documents in the field of environmental protection and rational naturel resource use on the basis of socio-cultural methodology of environmental management
At present, raising effectiveness of strategic planning documents in the field of environment protection and sustainable natural resource use is considered as the most important task. Principal specific features of our developments are as follows:
- Integrated interdisciplinary approach to territorial planning with the account of socio-cultural peculiarities of specific territories;
- Prevention of social conflicts of interests in the field of natural resource use in the course of improving application of regulations in force and new regulations;
- Implementation of sustainable development approaches in terms of increasing vital capacity and decreasing vulnerability of towns and rural settlements;
- Implementation of innovation approaches on planning measures on increasing economic value of natural capital and decreasing environmental risks for human health related to negative environmental impact.
Among the works of the Institute there are the following ones:
- Prechisty Krai: Local Environmental and Sustainable Development Action Plan of Pervomaisky Municipal District for 2005-2010;
- Local Environmental and Sustainable Development Action Plan of Korablinsky Municipal District for 2007-2011, Ryazan oblast;
- Local Environmental and Sustainable Development Action Plan for Kostomuksha municipal district for 2008-2012, Republic of Karelia;
- Local Environmental Action Plan for Guryev municipal district of Kaliningrad oblast for 2009‑2013;
- Local Environmental Action Plan for Krasnoznamensky municipal district of Kaliningrad oblast for 2010-2014, etc.